Heading Home For Easter? Get Affordable Bus Tickets Online!
Easter or Resurrection Sunday is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion by the Romans. At GotoBus, you can find affordable bus tickets that will get you home for Easter.
Time to Congratulate the Winners of the 2016 GotoBus Certificate of Excellence
Did you know that you can fill out a survey to rate the bus company on your recent trip? And that you will also earn 100 points for every time you do so? You better believe it. Here at GotoBus, we value your opinion. We want to hear what you have to say about the service you have received. That’s why we give you the opportunity to rate the bus company on the service provided. The companies that achieve the best star rating will be the winners of the GotoBus Certificate of Excellence.
Get Your Instant Quote For Charter Rental Services. Now Available at GotoBus
Are you planning a trip with some family members or a group of friends? Now you can get your instant quote for a group travel of any size. Here at GotoBus, we make it easier for you! With the new booking engine for charter bus service you can customize your trip the way you want it.
West Coast, East Coast & Other Places in Between. Celebrate the Holidays Across the U.S.
GotoBus.com can help take you many places, and during the holiday season there is more demand for quick-and-easy travel options than ever. In addition to just taking you to Mom’s house for your holiday, though, we can zip you to a number of holiday celebrations all across the country! Below are some of our favorite festivities in some of the biggest cities as well as handy links for quick trip booking.
Planning a trip to NYC, Atlanta, and Charlotte? Low Bus Tickets for Only $40!
Are you planning a trip to Atlanta and Charlotte soon? And are you looking for the lowest prices on the market? GotoBus is your ideal travel solution from New York to Atlanta and Charlotte. Buy bus tickets to these popular destinations for only $40.
More Options for Bus Travelers – GotoBus Partners with Greyhound Lines
GotoBus is proud to announce an official partnership with Greyhound, the largest provider of intercity bus travel in North America and one of the most recognized ground transportation brands. It has become an American icon, serving more than 3,800 destinations across the United States.
Create Memories – Labor Day Weekend Getaways to Remember
Labor Day can be kind of bittersweet: on one hand, it provides everyone with a much-need break from their busy lives, but on the other, it unofficially marks the end of summer. This makes it a really popular time to sneak in one last weekend getaway while the weather is still nice. But with fun Labor Day Weekend events happening all over the country, it can be difficult to decide where to go. GotoBus always has your back in this department. We know all the best events in the coolest cities across the U.S., so keep reading for a list of activity ideas. We’ve tried to throw in a good mix for all ages!
New York City is home to some of the best urban parks in the world. Everyone knows about crown jewel, Central Park, but there are countless others located around the five boroughs that are much less crowded. If you’re looking to have a pleasant, low-key day-off, why not grab a basket, a blanket, and a few close friends, and make your way to Brooklyn’s Prospect Park, a 585-acre area filled with winding paths and enough tree coverage to make you forget that you’re in one of the busiest cities in the world. Alternatively, in Manhattan’s Bryant Park, you can see a free performance of William Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew (which was the basis for the 90s teen movie 10 Things I Hate About You), starting at 6:30PM Friday and Saturday, and 2:00PM Sunday.
Travel is a whole lot of fun, and that’s our motto at GotoBus. But at the same time, travel can be stressful. You can enjoy the destination, but sometimes the journey can be particularly painful, especially when you have to share a confined space with a handful of strangers. We care about our customers’ concerns and have been listening to your comments, complaints, and helpful suggestions. Following your cue, we’ve compiled some ideas for things to pack and what to stay conscious of when you’re going on a long-distance bus ride. If you take these 10 recommendations to heart, you will travel stress-free!
At GotoBus.com, customer safety is our #1 priority, and we understand that emergencies happen! This is why we wanted to give you some ideas of things to start gathering for an emergency travel supply kit. Head to the store and get a container to put everything inside. Here are 20 things to include in your travel emergency kit to get started:
3. Mini/waterproof radio
4. First-aid kit
5. Road flares if you traveling by car
6. Waterproof matches
7. Extra set of house and car keys
8. Back up phone battery – we’ve heard great things about the Mophie brand!
9. Everyone traveling with you should have their own identification with them (driver’s licenses, state ID’s or passports), as well as photo copies of their ID’s safely stored somewhere in a ziplock bag for backup and safekeeping. You should also have a AAA (or other roadside assistance) card with you, your health insurance card, and any other important documents you think you might need in case of emergency, like emergency contact phone numbers… and no, we don’t mean only the ones stored on your cell phones. Hard copies are important!
10. Don’t forget to bring with you medications that you take on a daily basis – bring a few days extra with you just in case. We also recommend taking Advil or other pain relievers, this also might be in the First Aid kit.
11. Duct tape -you can use it for pretty much anything.. seriously!
12. Non-perishable food (granola bars, etc).
13. Bottled water
14. Water purification tablets are great to have on hand to use if you run out of water; they can be purchased online or in-stores at popular sporting/camping stores.
15. Toothbrush and toothpaste
16. Extra outfits – we recommend bringing 1-2 changes of clothes just in case. Bring clothes that are easily collapsible and can fight into a tight space.
17. Blankets! Get a regular blanket, and an emergency blanket. If you purchase a first-aid kit that comes with an emergency blanket (they are usually silver-colored), great! If not, we seriously recommend purchasing one separably to include with this kit, as they help to prevent hypothermia.
18. Ponchos- we’ve all poked fun at ponchos before, but when it comes down to it, we would be thankful for having one of we really needed to stay dry!
19. Swiss Army knife or similar type of combination “survival” knife. There are countless possibilities to shop for, and many are customizable depending on what you are purchasing it for. For example, Swiss Army makes special fishing combo knives, hunting knives, and more.
20. Ziplock bags of different size to keep your belongings dry.
As you can from this list, there are many possibilities of what to include in your emergency kit, but the most important thing is to pack only the essentials! We hope you enjoyed our list, and that it will inspire you to get your own emergency travel kit started. Don’t forget to also visit GotoBus.com to book your bus tickets to destinations across the U.S. – save even more when you book your bus and hotel stay together!
Did you ever feel like saying to people: Green Travel & Living – Here’s What You Can Do!
We hope you’ve had a great new year so far! We wanted to try something a little different with this blog, and write about various ways you can be a little more green-friendly. Helping our environment starts with you! Here are some tips on how to live and travel greener! Green Travel & Living – Here’s What You Can Do!
At home, try setting your thermostat a few degrees higher during the summer months and a few degrees lower during the winter months. This will not only save energy but money as well!
Conserve water by taking showers instead of baths and turning the faucet on only as needed when you are brushing your teeth.
Instead of using disposable bottled water, purchase a refillable water bottle; they’re extremely convenient to tote between work, school, the gym, and for traveling purposes. Having one also cuts down on the amount of discarded plastic bottles cluttering up your trash/recycle bins.
Pack light, leaving unnecessary items at home, and bring refillable shampoo bottles etc. with you, instead of using disposable, store-bought brand bottles. We recommend purchasing refillable bottles in government-approved sizes. Check the Department of Homeland Security‘s official website for the latest information on this. Tip: Many of your local stores will even carry TSA-approved bottles that are also dishwasher safe!
Respect the environment you are in – don’t try to touch any wild animals (land OR sea) you encounter. Another important rule to follow is to not touch coral when scuba diving or snorkeling. They are sharper than they appear, and can leave you with nasty, infected cuts. Coral is a living animal; when touched, it can get sick, and ultimately.
When choosing dining options, consider eating and buying locally to assist the local economy.
Staying green should continue as you travel. Please remember your efforts while you are away. A little can go a long way! Clean up after yourself, and please do not leave any trash behind.
Everyone here at GotoBus.com is always looking for ways to help keep Mother Earth GREEN! These are just a few suggestions we came up with; there are many, many ways you can help! For other ways you can contribute, including using environmentally friendly transportation, check out our Green Travel Page!