Many would-be travelers dream about strolling down the Avenue des Champs-Elysees but are not willing to mortgage their future to finance the trip. However, traveling Europe on the cheap does not require backpacking and hitching free rides from strangers! One affordable solution that offers a happy medium between a super luxurious getaway and “roughing it” is a packaged bus tour.
Packaged bus tours offer the best value per day, due to the tour operator’s ability to secure group rates on hotel accommodations, ground transportation, and sightseeing attractions. They also provide peace of mind, which is priceless: the discerning traveler does not need to obtain an international driver’s license, rent a car (let alone remember on which side of the road to drive!), or read train schedules in foreign languages.
To get the most out of a European bus tour, remember the following travel tips.
Tips to enjoy a Europe bus tour:
- Dress Comfortably: You will spend much of your time sightseeing or riding on the bus. Wear sensible clothes that you can wear while walking around in public areas, and that also fit well while sitting down.
- Be Camera Ready: Pack extra batteries for the camera. Packaged bus tours feature numerous attractions and will often visit multiple countries. However, once the tour leaves for the next attraction, there is usually no turning back. Get that last photo op!
- Eat Wisely: Carry snacks to ward off hunger attacks on the bus, and take advantage of any breakfast inclusions available at the hotel. Be wary of purchasing food at major sightseeing venues where prices are the highest.
- Bring Entertainment: You will have downtime in between attractions and tours. Pack an MP3 player or a book and magazine to keep yourself occupied while en route to the next exciting destination.
- Keep an Open Mind: Touring Europe provides a unique experience to enrich your mind. Interact with passengers to discover similar interests, and learn about local cultures and traditions.