HAPPY SPRING! Winter is finally gone, so why not celebrate by seeing the blooming of gorgeous flowers? Washington, DC’s National Cherry Blossom Festival takes place from March 20 through April 13, and it is truly the embodiment of everything springtime means. This year, the flowers are expected to bloom from about April 8 to the 12. Take a look at the live blossom cam streaming from Washington Monument for a sneak peak!
- Cherry Blossomin’ with Art, Wine & a Play: This unique experience includes bottomless wine (yes, bottomless!) for guests ages 21+. Participants are asked to paint sections of stage scenery, which will then be shown to actors who will be put on the spot to act out the play based on the artwork. You will also be allowed to take home your artwork at the end of the night! Tickets are $65 for those participating in the painting and $40 for those who just want to watch the impromptu play and have some wine. March 21 and 22, 6:30 pm, 8:15 pm, and 9:30 pm | March 21: 3047 15th Street NW; March 22: The B Spot- 1123 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Tidal Basin Paddle Boats: Rent a paddle boat and float along the famous tidal basin in full view of both the Cherry Blossoms and the Jefferson Memorial. The cost is $14 per hour for a 2-passenger boat and $22 per hour for a 4-passenger boat. We recommend making a reservation online in advance to save time as well as the hassle of waiting in lines. Please note, life vests are required to be worn at all times and there must be a passenger at least 16 years of age onboard. March 20 through April 13, 10:00am – 5:00pm | 1501 Maine Avenue SW
- American Art Museum Cherry Blossom Family Celebration: If you’re looking for an excuse to head to a museum, this is it! Celebrate the cherry blossoms by participating in many hands-on activities, such as Japanese screen painting, gardening demonstrations, and scavenger hunts. This event is perfect for adults and kids of all ages, so come along and make learning fun! April 12, 11:30am – 3:00pm | Smithsonian American Art Museum Kogod Courtyard
- Family Days presented with the National Building Museum: Another free event with great set of hands-on activities for families, this interactive exhibit features activities such as crafting paper cherry blossoms, making your own balloon flowers, origami demonstrations, and more. Additionally, the winners from the Community Art Show will have their artwork on display. For the younger crowd, Cookie Monster will even be making a special appearance! March 22, 10:00am – 4:00pm; March 23, 11:00am – 4:00pm | National Building Museum, 401 F Street
- Cherry Blast: Art + Music Dance Party: This space was a church in a former life, but it now houses this unique and completely interactive non-traditional art exhibit/dance party combo featuring performance and visual art. If you want to attend, make a reservation now as tickets are expected to sell out! March 29, 7:00pm – 12:00am, $15 entrance fee, 21+ | Blind Whino, 734 1st Street
- Blossom Kite Festival: Celebrate the arrival of spring by participating in the fourth-annual Blossom Kite Festival. See the kite-flying masters hard at work at features like the Hot Tricks Showdown and the Rokkaku Battle. You can even register to participate in the contents yourself! Watch the kites fill the air, bring your own, or even let your kids make their own kites. With many areas to enjoy including the Competition and Demonstration field, Family Field, and the Public Field, this event is sure to please everyone. March 29, 10:00am – 4:30pm | Washington Monument Grounds
- Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival: This rain-or-shine event is free to attend and gives guests more than eight hours of entertainment. Between the music, food, and many family-friendly water activities, there is no reason to not attend! April 5, 1:00pm – 9:00 pm | Southwest Waterfront, 600-900 Water Street
Get in the spirit of spring and book your bus tickets to Washington, DC today on GotoBus.com!