Did you ever feel like saying to people: Green Travel & Living – Here’s What You Can Do!
We hope you’ve had a great new year so far! We wanted to try something a little different with this blog, and write about various ways you can be a little more green-friendly. Helping our environment starts with you! Here are some tips on how to live and travel greener! Green Travel & Living – Here’s What You Can Do!
- At home, try setting your thermostat a few degrees higher during the summer months and a few degrees lower during the winter months. This will not only save energy but money as well!
- Conserve water by taking showers instead of baths and turning the faucet on only as needed when you are brushing your teeth.
- Instead of using disposable bottled water, purchase a refillable water bottle; they’re extremely convenient to tote between work, school, the gym, and for traveling purposes. Having one also cuts down on the amount of discarded plastic bottles cluttering up your trash/recycle bins.
- Pack light, leaving unnecessary items at home, and bring refillable shampoo bottles etc. with you, instead of using disposable, store-bought brand bottles. We recommend purchasing refillable bottles in government-approved sizes. Check the Department of Homeland Security‘s official website for the latest information on this. Tip: Many of your local stores will even carry TSA-approved bottles that are also dishwasher safe!
- Respect the environment you are in – don’t try to touch any wild animals (land OR sea) you encounter. Another important rule to follow is to not touch coral when scuba diving or snorkeling. They are sharper than they appear, and can leave you with nasty, infected cuts. Coral is a living animal; when touched, it can get sick, and ultimately.
- When choosing dining options, consider eating and buying locally to assist the local economy.
- Staying green should continue as you travel. Please remember your efforts while you are away. A little can go a long way! Clean up after yourself, and please do not leave any trash behind.
Everyone here at GotoBus.com is always looking for ways to help keep Mother Earth GREEN! These are just a few suggestions we came up with; there are many, many ways you can help! For other ways you can contribute, including using environmentally friendly transportation, check out our Green Travel Page!